Reasons to choose Duke Letting
When deciding which Letting Agent to use to let and manage your most precious possession here are a few things to look for:
- Are they a Regulated Agency?
- Do they have Client Money Protection?
- Do they have enough experience?
- Do they Manage properties effectively?
- Is there a dedicated Client Account Manager?
- What is the arrears rate across the portfolio?
- What is their record on deposit disputes?
- Do they have good reviews and recommendations?
- Are the staff long term, reliable and themselves Landlords?
- How good are they at marketing?
So how does Duke Letting look when placed against these criteria?
1. Are they a Regulated Agency?
Duke Letting are members of ARLA and we abide by their strict rules of membership that include having Professional Indemnity Insurance, accountancy checks and membership of the Ombudsman Scheme to ensure that clients are taking the minimum of risk when instructing Duke Letting.
2. Do they have Client Money Protection?
Duke Letting have Client Money Protection, comply with the Data Protection Act, have all deposits protected by the Tenancy Deposit Scheme and are also members of the Uckfield Chamber of Commerce and the Federation of Small Business.
3. Do they have enough experience?
Duke Letting will be celebrating 25 years of trading in 2019 and our staff is highly experienced.
4. Do they Manage properties effectively?
All management calls are answered immediately during office hours, there is an emergency number where a senior staff member can be reached 24/7 and we have a team of recommended contractors who can attend quickly and economically to any management issue.
5. Is there a dedicated Client Account Manager?
This refers to receiving rents, doing the accounts and remitting payments to landlords. This is dealt with solely by the owner, Rod Carmichael, with 25 years experience.
6. What is the arrears rate across the portfolio?
Long term arrears at Duke Letting are almost non-existent and late rent payments are immediately chased.
7. What is their record on deposit disputes?
Duke Letting registers all deposits with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS). In the 11 years since the scheme began we have had no disputes registered for managed properties.
8. Do they have good reviews and recommendations?
Our website hosts a selection of the testimonials we have received over the years but the best illustration of our good service to both Landlords and Tenants is that we retain customers year after year, including some from our very first year. Some tenants have been so pleased with how they were treated that they have moved on to becoming landlords themselves and instructed Duke Letting.
9. Are the staff long term, reliable and themselves Landlords?
During the nearly 25 years of successful trading there has been only been two changes to our full time staff and we now have an excellent range of skills and experience to meet all the needs of our clients and keep Duke Letting at the edge of new IT innovations and up to date with all the latest regulations.
10. How good are they at marketing?
Methods of marketing have changed drastically in the last 20 years and Duke Letting have always kept up to date. Although we have selected appearances in local magazines nearly all our marketing is now web based. We have our own dedicated web site and your property will also appear on other leading property portals. Our comprehensive details show many photos, room sizes, floor plans and all have an energy performance certificate. We have a Twitter account, a Facebook page, QR Codes and are constantly researching new ways to promote your property.